THE FLYING FORTRESS of the 1st AIR DIVISION Page 2
Pages 1 2 3
4 5 6
Click on the images or captions for a close-up section.
B-17F-20-DL 42-3057 BLONDE BOMBER flown by 2/Lt Wayne E Murdock of the 322nd BS / 91st BG, Bassingbourn, January 1944
12. B-17F-55-BO 42-29524 MEATHOUND of the 423rd BS / 306th BG, Thurleigh, Spring 1943
15. B-17F-70-BO 42-29784 Smilin-Thru flown by 1/Lt Erwin C. Johnson of the 545th BS / 384th BG, Grafton Underwood, October 1943
16. B-17F-70-BO 42-29815 MIAMI Clipper flown by Capt. Albert W. Burton of the 322nd BS / 91st BG, Bassingbourn, March 1943
17. B-17F-75-BO 42-29852 Fire Ball flown Capt. William R. Smith of the 511th BS / 351st BG, Polebrook, 1943
18. B-17F-75-BO 42-29888 The Joker flown by 1/Lt William J. Baltrusaitis of the 532nd BS / 381st BG, Ridgewell, April 1944
19. B-17F-75-BO 42-29923 The LUCKY STRlKE flown by 2/Lt Rowland H. Evans of the 532nd BS / 381st BG, Ridgewell, late 1943
20. B-17F-80-BO 42-29947 WABASH CANNONBALL flown by 1/Lt John W. Smith of the 322nd BS / 91st BG at Bassingbourn, early 1944
and all images copyright ©Mark Styling.
All rights reserved; all wrongs avenged.
design by Bridport Radio